Tuesday, May 25, 2010

5-cheese Macaroni

If I had to choose one thing that my grandmother used to cook and label it my favorite, it would have to be her baked macaroni and cheese. She put both her feet in that recipe. I was forever changed and since then became a mac and cheese connoisseur. This recipe was more of an experiment when I first made it, but my family loved it so much that I decided to keep it in the books. It's been a hit ever since.

6 oz. sharp cheddar cheese (white or yellow)
6 oz. mozzarella cheese
6 oz. gorgonzola cheese
6 oz. smoked gouda cheese
6 oz. asiago cheese
1 box of elbow macaroni
1 egg
1 can of condensed milk
1 jar jalapeno peppers
1 cup of crumbled, cooked hickory smoked bacon (thick cut is best)
1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut up cheese into a 4 quart casserole dish (round, square, or oval). Chop 1 cup of jalapeno peppers (more if you like heat) and set aside. Cook and drain macaroni and pour into casserole dish. Mix cheese and macaroni until cheese has melted. Add egg and milk and mix. Stir in bacon and jalapeno peppers. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with breadcrumbs and bake uncovered for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment