Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Steak, Egg and Cheese Casserole

One night recently I was looking in my freezer for something to cook. I saw a pack of shaved steak that I was going to use to make steak and cheese subs and I thought to myself, Self why not make a steak and cheese casserole? So, I put my creative mind to work and put together the following ingredients. It came out really good. I hope yours does too.

1.5 lb. of shaved steak
5 eggs scrambled
2 green peppers
1 large yellow onion
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
1 cup of sour cream
1 cup of mayo
4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
4 cups of cooked rice
2 tablespoons of onion powder
1 teaspoon of curry powder
2 tablespoons of ground black pepper
salt to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Season steak with 1 tablespoon of black pepper, onion powder, and salt and set aside. Cut green peppers and onion into strips. Sautee steak, peppers, and onions in olive oil for 3 minutes then add scrambled eggs. Cook for 2 more minutes stirring occasionally. In a large bowl mix together soup, mayo, sour cream, and curry powder. Add in steak, eggs, and rice and continue to mix. Stir in 3 cups of cheese and remaining spices (including 2 pinches of salt). Pour into a 3 quart casserole dish and top with remaining cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted to a light brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment